The "Wine Routes" app is available to all wine lovers who wish to visit vineyards and wineries, discover wines and design their own wine routes.
The central idea of the app: a winelover may browse wineries on the map or the catalogue and get information about them (contact details, products etc). They can also state their opinion through a review or a simple Like, as well as plan and save a route of visiting preferred wineries or follow a recommended route. Each route is planned, based on an algorithm given minimum distance or fastest. The long-term goal of the app is to promote wine tourism not only for the popular wineries but for all of them, giving the opportunity to new winemakers to show their products.
- You can view thousands of wineries with contact information, availability for visitors and products' descriptions.
- Consult a large collection of routes suggested by winemakers and users themselves.
- You can tell about your experience with a winery and rate it. All your reviews are public and available on the map.
- You can also write your opinion on any wine you have tasted for the wineries included in the application.
- You can plan your own routes and save them for future trips. All routes are available on the map with reference to distance, duration and directions.
- Discover and travel through areas with vineyards as they come from Corine 2012.
- Use GPS to plan a route from your location and follow your route.
Find out more at Wine Routes website